If you know the song then I can guess you know what this weeks dessert is. “We’ll be coming down the ROCKY ROAD when she comes”. If you haven’t already guessed from the capitalisation, yes it’s rocky road! These little treats are SO easy to make and are cheap as chips in case you’re on a budget. They’re also great fun for that budding little baker to make for the whole family to enjoy!
Here is the recipe:
Maltesers rocky road bars
Makes 12 bars
- 175g Maltesers
- 250g dark chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken into pieces
- 50g butter
- 8 digestive biscuits
- 60g mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar to dust over
- Line a 22cm square tin with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter in a bowl over boiling water until it has completely melted. Remove from the heat. Alternatively put the broken pieces of chocolate with the butter in a bowl and put in the microwave stirring occasionally (I stir every 20 or so seconds) until it has completely melted.
- Set this aside to cool for at least 10 minutes whilst you get the rest of the ingredients ready. It’s important that the chocolate isn’t too hot when it is combined with the other ingredients or it could melt the Maltesers and marshmallows and take the ‘rocky’ out of this recipe!
- Next, bash up the biscuits in a plastic bag or place in a bowl and bash with the end of a rolling pin until you have a good mixture of chunks and powder.
- Finally, add the crushed biscuits, marshmallows and Maltesers to the chocolate mixture and fold with a spoon until all are lightly coated in chocolate.
- Pour into the tin to refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Sieve over a generous dusting of icing sugar.
- Cut into slices before serving.
Adapted from: http://www.goodtoknow.co.uk/recipes/317253/Maltesers-rocky-road-bars
I hope you have great fun making these, my family loved them!