Greetings fellow bakers!
As many of you know, here in the UK it’s exam season, or finals as some people call it. As a student myself, a good breakfast is always a great start for revision so this week I’ve decided to go with some tasty blueberry muffins to start the day!
Note: For this recipe, it was more like blueberry cupcakes than muffins, not to say cupcakes aren’t great (who doesn’t love a good cupcake!) but for those looking for actual muffins, well…
Here is the recipe:
Makes 12 muffins
- 240g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 113g unsalted butter, softened
- 200g granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 120ml milk
- 250g fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 190 C/375 F. Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper liners/muffin cases.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour baking powder and salt
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat the butter and granulated sugar for about 2 minutes. Add the eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl and beating well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with the milk, beating on low speed to combine.
- Add the berries to the batter and fold in gently with a spatula until evenly distributed. Do not over mix.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, about 2/3 of the way.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until lightly golden and a cake tester or skewer comes out clean. Let the muffins cool in the tin for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely and then enjoy as a tasty revision treat!
Adapted from: http://www.onceuponachef.com/2014/07/best-ever-blueberry-muffins.html
Here are how my lovelies turned out!
I wish everyone good luck on upcoming exams/finals, I know I’ll definitely need it! Hope these blueberry muffins help boost your day, even just a little!